Northern Fortress - Coastal Artillery

Rocks of Kuivasaari and Helsinki downtown

Rocks of Kuivasaari and Helsinki downtown - Coastal Artillery, Kuivasaari next photo - 91 kb

The island's name could be translated from Finnish as the "dry island". It is a peculiar Finnish humour because most part of the year there is a rainy. First fortifications here were built by Russians in 1914. The 10" battery for 4 guns was erected for covering approaches to Helsingfors city.

Next photo ->
Coastal Artillery: Main Kuivasaari Suomenlinna Isosaari Santahamina Russarö Örö Bolax Rjevka Ristiniemi Tuppura Tiurinsaari Bjorke Puumala MU-2 Vara battery Kvarven Fort Femore Fort Hemliga Fort Landsort Arholma Jarflotta Where is it Maps Links Videos
manufactured by Goss.Ru
Hosted by: hc.ru

Alex Goss Photography -    ,   ,   ...

   - Fortress Tours - Silver-Ring.ru