Northern Fortress - Coastal Artillery

Old lighthouse

#47 - 101 kbNext photo - 120 kb

The lighthouse also has its long history. Permanent fire on the island was burned at least since 1651. This stone tower was erected in 1658, and a conical metal structure above it - in 1870. Initially, to produce a bright light a coal was used, then from 1820 oil lamps with silver mirrors, in 1870 a kerosene was used as a fuel and special focusing lenses of French origin were installed. In 1887 special paraffin lamps were introduced and in 1935 the lighthouse was electrified.

Next photo ->
Coastal Artillery: Main Kuivasaari Suomenlinna Isosaari Santahamina Russarö Örö Bolax Rjevka Ristiniemi Tuppura Tiurinsaari Bjorke Puumala MU-2 Vara battery Femore Fort Hemliga Fort Landsort Where is it Maps Links
manufactured by Goss.Ru
Hosted by: hc.ru

Alex Goss Photography - Фотографии городов и стран, битв и сражений, разного и прочего...

Экскурсии по крепостям - Fortress Tours - Silver-Ring.ru