Northern Fortress

Strelochnaya tower

Strelochnaya tower - Staraya Ladoga next photo - 88 kb

This tower was built during the reconstruction of the fortress in the mid-1440s. It was intended to cover the entrance to the mouth of the Ladozhka River and shell enemy ships on the Volkhov river. In 1584-1586 it was reconstructed to its current dimensions. The metal construction on the left is an observation deck at the junction of the tower with the non existed wall from the Tainichnaya (Secret) Tower.

Next photo ->
Staraya Ladoga: Main Fortress Village Plan Where is it Links
manufactured by Goss.Ru

Alex Goss Photography - Фотографии городов и стран, битв и сражений, разного и прочего...