Northern Fortress - Fort Latrun

Historical ruins

#10 - 85 kb next photo - 70 kb

Arab Legion took up positions near Latrun May 18, 1948, ie, probably all these field fortifications and blockhouse refers to the interwar period between 1948 and 1967. The first attack of Israelis force to Latrun was held on May 24-25. Attacking force was about 2100, with dozens of armored vehicles under the command of Shlomo Shamir. They had few artillery - only a couple of 65 mm French guns of 1906 model, 88-mm howitzer with 15 shells and homemade mortars model "Davidka" made of water pipes.

Next photo ->
Fort Latrun: Main Fortress Tank museum Latrun: Where is it Links
manufactured by Goss.Ru
Hosted by: hc.ru

Alex Goss Photography - Фотографии городов и стран, битв и сражений, разного и прочего...