Northern Fortress - Shlisselburg

Secret house (bulk #2)

#7 - 82 kb next photo - 30 kb

This so called "Secret house" was built on the citadel yard in 1798. This building is the former main political prison of Russian Empire. There are 10 cells (or "numbers") for solitary confinement. Such amount of cells was quite enough for that times. The prison was fully reconstructed in 1907 and was in ranks till 1917. In 1928 jail museum was opened here. The building was badly damaged during the WWII and restored afterwards. The museum was reopened in 1966.

Next photo ->
Shlisselburg: Main Fortress Vaults Town Plan Where is it Links
manufactured by Goss.Ru
Hosted by: hc.ru

Alex Goss Photography - Фотографии городов и стран, битв и сражений, разного и прочего...