Northern Fortress - Visby

Lübeckerbräschen or Lubeck break

#26 - 98 kb next photo - 93 kb

This part of the Northern wall of Visby is called Lübeckerbräschen or Lubeck break. In 1526 the Germans from Lubeck assaulted the town, burned its northern part and destroyed all the churches in the City except of St. Mary cathedral. That was a business, nothing personal. The Germans did bad in the city. But to this break they have no relationship, it was formed later in the 17th century when the "saddle" tower crashed into a ditch and pulled behind it part of the wall.

Next photo ->
Visby: Main Fortifications The town Where is it City plan Links
manufactured by Goss.Ru
Hosted by: hc.ru

Alex Goss Photography -    ,   ,   ...