Northern Fortress - Vyborg

Rifle embrasures in the fence

#2 - 171 kb next photo - 94 kb

Eastern Vyborg's Fortifications were built in 1863-1870-ts under the supervision of colonel V. Kisljakof (head of Vyborg Fortress Department). The general director of the works was famous Russian fortificator Eduard Totleben (director of Engineering Dept. of the Ministry of Defence). The fortifications consisted of 4 redoubts, 3 batteries and bastion's front in line from Hovenlahti bay to Papulanlahti bay.

Next photo ->
Vyborg: Main Castle City Battery hill Annencrown Pappilaniemi Tête-de-Pont Plan Where is it Links
manufactured by Goss.Ru
Hosted by: hc.ru

Alex Goss Photography - Фотографии городов и стран, битв и сражений, разного и прочего...