Northern Fortress - Vyborg

Town Hall Tower interiors

Town Hall Tower  interiors - Vyborg, CityNext photo - 125 kb

The tower was built near 1470-th. In 16 AD after construction of Gornwerk fortification it was transferred to the city magistrat disposal and was used as arsenal, belltower of Dominick monastery. The modern broach spire was made in 1758. The tower was badly damaged in 1940 (Winter War) and restored in the end of 1970s. It is in domain of Russian Orthodox Church now.

Next photo ->
Vyborg: Main Castle City Battery hill Annencrown Pappilaniemi Tête-de-Pont Plan Where is it Links
manufactured by Goss.Ru
Hosted by: hc.ru

Alex Goss Photography -    ,   ,   ...